- No one, who has been absent on the previous day without prior permission through the almanac, will be admitted to class without a letter from the parent addressed to the Headmistress / Class Teacher stating the reason for the absence.
- Except in the case of unforeseen illness, no leave may be taken without prior written application from parents/guardians,
- For leave of absence for 1-3 days, it is sufficient to apply through the pages of the school almanac. For leave of absence for more then 3 days, a letter or application along with a medical certificate must also be sent.
- Every absence (Sick leave or otherwise) must be entered briefly in the LEAVE RECORD page towards the end of the almanac and signed by parents or guardian.
- All are expected to attend class on the opening day after each of the vacations. Those absent without prior leave will be fined at the rate of Rs. 20 per day. Those absent because of sickness must inform the school before or on the reopening day and present a medical certificate before they are admitted to class, failing which they must pay the above penalty.
- It is compulsory for students to complete 80% attendance in the year to make them eligible for promotion to the next class.
A student returning to school after suffering from an infectious or contagious disease should produce a doctor’s certificate permitting himher to rejoin class, and stating that the infectious period of the disease is over.
The following conditions apply.
Students suffering from the following must observe the prescribed period of quarantine before returning to class :
- CHICKEN POX – 6 days after the disappearance of the first crop of vesicles.
- MEASLES – 7 days from rash
- MUMPS – Until swelling of gland has subsided which may take 9 days
from the appearance of symptoms
- JAUNDICE – Six weeks of rest.